feeling a little blue today

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

amanda in CA

feeling better

Post by amanda in CA »

Hi, after the initial disappointment of finding my dad can't donate (I always thought that it was a long shot anyway because of his age), I'm feeling a lot more optimistic. I have asked my auntie on my mum's side if she will consider being tested although I haven't had a reply as yet.

We had another bit of cheering up news - Steve has won a plasma tv, must be the first time that we've ever won anything (well not counting my last transplant and I would count that as winning!).

Steve's parents are coming over to see us again, it was decided and arranged on Thursday which is good because I have to go and get and umbilical hernia repaired on Friday. It's being done under local but I will be nil by mouth until I get bowel sounds (no birthday cake for me that day!) and it will still hurt! I won't be able to do PD for 72 hours and then only small, regular fills which will be a bit of a nuisance, so I will probably feel bit ropey by the end of that time. Fortunately it's only a small one but I hate the sight of it already and really don't want to leave it to get bigger.

hope you'll think of me, amanda
Hal

Hey

Post by Hal »

Hey,

Good luck with your Auntie and the hernia - I'm sure it will go fine :)

Well done on the TV. If you decide its just too big and don't want it, send it over!

Take care, will be thinking of you,

Hal.