Exercise, metabolic rate and dose spreading

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

MandyV

Post by MandyV »

Blimey Keith - sounds very complicated but of course does make complete sense if you need to keep the levels in your blood fairly constant. I don't think my exercise level has risen to the extent where it would make a difference, but, if it is any help, when I mentioned whether I should do anything special on the Trailwalk - the 100km that I am no longer doing thanks to my problematic feet, that wasn't even mentioned ... you probably need the nephs and sports scientists to agree on this as I would imagine it is not something the 'average' patient needs. I understand there is a very good sports science centre at Bath (or is it Bristol?) so that might be somewhere to start asking questions ... I would be interested in what comes out.