Transplant and kidney disease TV programs in US

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Pam

Transplant and kidney disease TV programs in US

Post by Pam »

Hi kids,
Sorry I haven't been here for awhile...I have to tell you about the rash of kidney stories and telecasts going on here in the States...
Dr. Phil had Steven Cojocaru on his show yesterday talking about his transplant. It was a very interesting program and they spoke about kidney disease for almost the entire hour. If you don't know, "Cojo" is a fashion and style reporter in Hollywood. He was diagnosed with PKD and has had 2 transplants.
He was also on "Entertainment Tonight" speaking about his transplant and the new book he has out about his experiences. It is called, "Glamour Interrupted-How I Became the Best Dressed Patient in Hollywood".
Our local news has also had a couple of transplant stories, one being the fact that Illinois is the state with the largest donor registry in the US!
Well, I am going to have to read up on all the new posts on KPG-WELCOME to all the new people here!
Take care, guys,
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28