Topic for the girls...MENOPAUSE???

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Pam

Topic for the girls...MENOPAUSE???

Post by Pam »

Hi,
I am 44 years old and already experiencing the signs of menopause! :cry: Although I am not unhappy about the absence of my periods (and the emotional turmoil they cause!) :roll: I do not like the "hot flashes" and night sweats! :x :( :? Some nights I have to turn on a fan and place it so it blows cool air directly on me :roll: !
Have any of you with tx been through "the change" and what did you do for relief of symptoms? I know that sometimes they give you hormones, but as a tx recipient, I don't think that is an answer because of the cancer and heart attack risks.
I stopped having periods a year ago, so I think I am "officially" on my way and I just wanted to know if any of you have had problems and what did you do about them? It's crummy to start all this so early, but I have heard that this is the best time of life! :? :roll:
Sure, and hot flashes are really "power surges"! :lol: :roll: :?
Thanks for any information!
-Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28