Case studies - Employability campaign

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

AmandaClare

Case studies - Employability campaign

Post by AmandaClare »

Hi

I'm working on a project for the Department for Work and Pensions that aims to challenge employers' attitudes to people with disabilities and long-term health conditions. The website is http://www.dwp.gov.uk/employability

My role is to find people who'd be happy to be interviewed and photographed in their workplace. These will be used as positive case studies in the campaign. We're looking for people who work for small or medium-sized private companies (not charities, the public sector or huge corporations).

I'm a kidney tx recipient myself and would really like to include a dialysis patient as a case study. Many kidney patients don't think of themselves as disabled (I don't) but like everyone with a long-term health condition we're covered by the Disability Discrimination Act. We probably do have more trouble getting and keeping jobs when we're less well or medical stuff is taking up a lot of our time and energy.

If you're interested in taking part or just want to know more please contact me at [email protected].

Many thanks for your help.
Amanda