radio 4 this afternoon!!!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

bigbuzzard

radio 4 this afternoon!!!

Post by bigbuzzard »

Dear All

I sent an email to the BBC after hearing the coverage of the Dutch TV show where a kidney is being 'allocated' between 3 hopeful recipients.

The editor of PM (Radio 4) has just called me and wants me to go on the programme this afternoon between 5 - 6pm.

They seem keen to try and higlight the need for donors which exists in the UK right now. I"m planning to mention the fact that people on this forum have had donors lined up who were then persuaded against it by their families. I won't mention names - but if there's any more information on that which anyone would like to share, please let me know (email [email protected] or call 07980 680052).

I'm now physically shaking at the prospect of being interviewed by Eddie Mair...