Can I play too?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Michael

Can I play too?

Post by Michael »

Hi all, Board newbie here. I was just about to post a reply on the board but felt it would be a bit rude to just butt in.
So, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Michael from Bournemouth (yes ... another one lol). I'm 45 years old and have had renal failure for 30 years, during which time I have received PD and HD treatment regimes and have been lucky enough to have had 3 transplants, the last of which has just failed (again) and I find myself back on HD. I have been fortunate enough to return to my local unit where I was given the time slot of my choice, cool huh? weird thing was that after a five year "remission" I walked back in and it felt like I had been away for only a few weeks...just slotted right back in to it.
I've been back on HD for about 8 weeks now and already feel so much better.
Well that's enough about me, just wanted to say hello and look forward to joining in with all your interesting discussions and hope I can offer the odd pearl of wisdom gleaned from my past experiences (and hopefully inject a bit of fun on the way)
Oddly enough normal forum ettiquette for a new member is to put my card behind the bar and get the virtual drinks in, never has this been more appropriate. I'll start off with a virtual pint of lager, what's your ...er poison?
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi and welcome Michael,

We will all look forward to gleaming knowledge from you!

Hal
kim

HI

Post by kim »

Hi Michael,
Glad you introduced yourself, I don't post much because, I'm fairly new to all this, never did dialysis or tx yet. But I have learned alot from this board and everyone here has been great since coming in. I hope you get as much out of it as I do !!!
Kim
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Michael

nice to meet you

mike (the other one from bournemouth) :D
Julie

Welcome Michael

Post by Julie »

Hi Michael,

Welcome to KPG. Mine's a glass of champagne please. :wink:

Love,
Julie
x
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Re: Welcome Michael

Post by JMan »

Welcome join the fun and frolics:)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Pam

Post by Pam »

Welcome, Michael!!
Glad to have you on board :) ....This place is so friendly and everyone is so caring of one another...I hope you come by often and give us any advice or wisdom you have...everyone learns from everyone else here...(it's fun, too, at times! :lol:)
As for a drink, I usually don't imbibe, but this once I will join Julie in that glass of champagne!:wink:
Take care,
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28