The Call???

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Carolyn in CA

The Call???

Post by Carolyn in CA »

We got "The Call" at 2am, saying they have a kidney in Sacramento. However, as of yet, we have not heard if Richard was selected to receive it. Does this happen often, where they call several people at once then select one? Keeping our fingers crossed!
Elaine

Good luck ;)

Post by Elaine »

Good luck to u keep u fingers crossed :lol: :roll: :wink:

for u such a tense time having to wait - feel 4 u :shock:

best wishes Elaine ;) UK
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

It happens..

Its stressful..

Good luck.. I hope he gets it..
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Pam

Post by Pam »

I know of one guy who turned down several transplants before he finally accepted one. When he turned those down, the kidney, of course, then went to another person. The one he did accept lasted more than 20 years! I imagine they have a list of potential recipients and then can see which one is the best match and if the person wants it.
When I had mine, I was called and I accepted, but they still told me that it had to be a good match before they would do the surgery. :?: I imagine if I had not been, they would have contacted someone else, although I can't see the reason for getting a person's hopes up if they have more than one recipient and they call telling you there is a kidney for you.
I hope everything goes well with Richard! Please keep us informed!
Best wishes,
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Carolyn,

Please let us know your news. Hope all went / goes well.

Hal x