I'm home too !!!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Kiwi Andy

I'm home too !!!

Post by Kiwi Andy »

Hi everyone
I'm back home in NZ after a hectic 3 weeks in USA. I could write a book about the trip over there especially about what Sooty ( the 24yo I took over with me ) got up to. However, this is not the appropriate place me thinks. I did manage to stop him getting married off to a wealthy farmers daughter but didn't manage to stop him getting a ride home in a police car after a late night. I've actually been home about two weeks but it's been head down, bum up since we got back trying to organise shipping etc from USA.
Jenny was looking radiant when I arrived back and it actually did us both good to have the break from each other. I guess I'd "mothered" her a fair bit since the transplant back in February and she'd got used to leaning on me. Anyhow, she managed so well while I was away that I'm not sure if she needs me anymore. She didn't make it to Fiji or Rarotonga to meet me on my way home but did make it as far as Auckland ( North Island of NZ ) for about 4 or 5 days with our son Sam. I could tell they were having a good time from the internet banking I was doing while in USA. She attacked my credit card account with unbelievable ferocity and all I could do was sit back and watch from the states.
When she met me at the airport, I couldn't believe how good she was looking. And down to monthly visits to the clinic !!! Jenny had one bad day the first week I was back when she got the flu which knocked her off her feet and kept her in bed for the day. ( It's winter here ) Then, she was up and away again until last Sunday. She started to feel not so good and developed a cold sore on her lip and then one on her cheek and then two on her cheek. She went down hill and the cheek got inflamed until she finally gave in and I took her to hospital today. ( Wednesday ) And that's where she is tonight and possibly until next Monday. Seems she's got an infection that's real bad in her cheek and it's pretty painfull. Antobiotics through a drip today and we'll see how things are tomorrow. What a kick in the butt but a wake up call for us both. I'd almost thought life was back to "normal" and we were bullet proof again.
I'll let you know how she gets on.
It's great to be back home even if it did snow last week.
Take care everyone.
Andy
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

Hi Andy,

Good to hear from you again. I was thinking bout Jenny & how she is doing. So you enjoyed our beautiful country eh? ;)

Its so hot & humid here, I can't think winter & snow really.

As far as her cheek, hope the antibiotics will do their thing. Its not a 'wake up call', its simply a little detour - but soon you'll be back on the main road enjoying good health :)

-Rachel
msdiva

Post by msdiva »

Hope she is doing better, sounds pretty painful, glad she had a good time on vacation. Nothing like spending money to get the juices going. (I call it the Betty and Wilma syndrome "Chargggggeeeeeeeeeeeee Ittttttttttt) for those of youse whose ever watch the cartoon The Flintstones. haha.
Pam

Post by Pam »

Tell Jenny to hurry up and get out of the hospital...a girl needs her shopping fix! :wink: Tell her "hi" for me!
Glad you had an interesting :?: time in the good old USA. Next time you will have to bring Jenny along-we have the Mall of America! I am sure she would LOVE it!
Take care!
-Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Elaine

Hiya Andy ;)

Post by Elaine »

Hiya Andy gr8 2 hear from u glad u had good trip USA etc :lol: :wink:
Glad Jenny got a few days away at least :wink: , although as u say bak in hosp just for few days- hope shes feelin better soon and home ASAP :roll: :shock

Best wishes 2 all u family & hope Jenny soon be better to do bit more shoppin therapy LOL :roll: Just wot a girl needs pamperin LOL :D

best wishes 2 u all Elaine & Rach UK :wink: :lol: :P