Natalie's Transplant

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Cheryl in CT

Natalie's Transplant

Post by Cheryl in CT »

Hi, everybody. For all who are interested, Natalie HAS had her transplant, and according to the nurse's station on her floor, she is doing just fine. They will give me no more information than that & will not allow me to speak directly with her, so I have no more details. I'll try to reach her again tomorrow and will fill you in on anything I hear then.
all the best, :D
Cheryl
Anne in Va

Post by Anne in Va »

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the update on Natalie. If you do manage to speak to her tomorrow, tell her I send my love and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Anne
Elaine

Natalie Transplant went ahead ;)

Post by Elaine »

Thanx for news Cheryl - wonderful eh??

As Anne says if u manage to pass on any messages pleaz tell Natalie we are all thinking of her from all different countries and wish her well.

etc :lol: :wink: :) :D :o

keep us posted if any more news thanx best wishes Elaine & Rach UK
Julie

Good to hear

Post by Julie »

Great news. Thanks for the update Cheryl - I have been thinking about Natalie permanently since Thursday morning. Please pass on my very best wishes and love to both Natalie and her step-dad.

Lots of love,
Julie
xxx
Cheryl in CT

more about Natalie....

Post by Cheryl in CT »

Hi, all-
STILL haven't been able to get thru to Natalie herself, but tonight I spoke with her friend Justin, who says she should be home on Monday. Her step-dad (her donor) has already been released from the hospital (!) and is doing very well. Natalie is up & about, walking lots, and she has already given up on the IV pain meds. She DID have to do dialysis for the day before the transplant (something that she, like me, was trying her best to avoid!) but all has gone well since, and she'll be having her cath removed tomorrow. After that, everyone anticipates that it will be smooth sailing, allowing her to be back at home on Monday. I've sent "special hellos" from everyone, and I know that she appreciates everybody's good thoughts & best wishes. I'll try again to reach her tomorrow, but for now, I know she'd want everyone to know that she's doing just fine.
all the best,
Cheryl
Last edited by Cheryl in CT on Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

Thanks so much for the update. I've been thinking abt her constantly since then. If you speak to her again, send great wishes and virtual hugs her way... and we can't wait to see her on the board again soon. Just the other day she was here giving us a date - and now its actually happened. wow.

-rachel
Tony

Post by Tony »

I hope she is ok ..& she is on the road to recovery ...she has helped me.

Tony :D
Anne in Va

Post by Anne in Va »

Hi Cheryl,

Wonderful news! Thank you so much for being the "Mail Lady" or "Bearer of Good Tidings" to both Natalie and the board. Again, if you get to talk with her, give her my love.

Bless you, Anne
Pam

Post by Pam »

Thanks, Cheryl, for the good news!! :D :D :D I am so glad everything went well and that both Natalie and her stepdad are doing fine...Tell Natalie that I am soooo happy for her! :D :D
Love,
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Elaine

Wonderful news Natalie ;)

Post by Elaine »

Sooo gr8 2 hear Natalie is doing well :lol: :wink: :roll:

Many thanx again Cheryl 4 keeping us informed about Natalie :lol:

best wishes Elaine & Rach UK :wink: :lol:
Mike

Post by Mike »

thats really good, hope she's out and about soon
mike :D :D
Carolyn in CA

Post by Carolyn in CA »

Please add our best wishes to the list! She's in our thoughts!

Richard and Carolyn
Hal

Post by Hal »

Add my wishes to the list and I hope to see her soon looking and feeling well!

Hal