BILATERAL STING TO CURE ELIZABETHS REFLUX!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

jennygill

BILATERAL STING TO CURE ELIZABETHS REFLUX!

Post by jennygill »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi just wanted to update you on a procedure Elizabeth had to cure her reflux. We knew she had it on the left side but didnt know that she had the same problem on the right too where urine travels back up and is diseasing her kidneys. The left kidney is down to around 20% functionality and we dont know about the functionality of the right yet. Anyway her surgeon performed a STING which is where they implant a valve to stop the reflux under a general anaesthetic. It took about an hour and even though when she came round she was in a huge amount a pain we were able to take her home around 7pm, she had her surgery at 1. Until now shes been on a maintenance dose of antibiotics to keep her well and to stop any UTIs, these stop in a week so we will then be able to see if the surgery has worked. My surgeon will perform this procedure upto 3 times and then if it doenst work he then takes the kidneys out. Lets hope it does.

thanks for reading this - if there is anything else you want to know do ask --- i might not be able to answer your questions but i will always reply, thanks! Jenny

and ps if you are reading this Elaine thanks for the support.
Sueleic

Post by Sueleic »

Dear Jenny
So pleased it all went well for Elizabeth
And fingers crossed its worked for her
Take care
Sue
Xx
Elaine

Hiya Jenny ;)

Post by Elaine »

Hiya Jenny glad that op went well and hope will 'sort' Elizabeths kidney problems out for while :lol:
Glad to hear she was up n about sooo soon u can breathe a bit of a sigh of relief at moment eh?? :lol: :wink: :roll: Oh the joys of being a mother eh?/ all stress n worries a child brings u eh?? LOL

Speak 2 u again soon best wishes Elaine xx :wink: :roll: :lol:
LadySycamore

Post by LadySycamore »

Jennygill:

Glad to hear that things are looking up. Wish I had the chance to have that procedure...maybe things would be different for me now.

Good luck! :wink: :) 8)
Dialyze.org:
http://dialyze.org/forums/index.php
Chatroom, Support, Advocacy and more!

Dialyze.org MemberGroup on MSN:
http://groups.msn.com/Dialyze-orgMember ... sages.msnw