appointment thursday

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

appointment thursday

Post by Mike »

Hi everyone

I've got an appointment tomorrow (thursday) and I think it will be the day I get put on the transplant list.....scary!

mike :shock:
nycpetit

Don't be scared

Post by nycpetit »

Be excited!! It's a gift to be healthy enough to go on the list. Not everyone can make it. And in my journey I've met all too many who are not even able to be listed due to health problems.

It's an exciting thing, try not to be scared! :)
Elaine

Good luck Mike ;)

Post by Elaine »

Hiya Mike, good luck 4 2moro. hope you can get on the transplant list. one step closer! :D
best wishes,
Elaine UK
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Get it in writing mate:D Just to be sure;)

cheers ;) and GOOD LUCK... :lol:
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Andy

Post by Andy »

Good luck Mike, Hopefully it will be one step closer to a healthier life :)

let us know how you get off

Andy
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi,

Thank you all so much I've just got back from the hospital and it was as I thought I am being put on the transplant list as my clearance is 15 and creatinine is 684.

I know this is the best thing for me as I've been getting so tired, i'm starting to feel sick. It's strange I kind of think that this is how I am supposed to feel as it has been so gradual and it takes the odd day when I wake up and feel good to realise how crap I feel most of the time

He is starting me on epo as soon as possible and writing to the surgeon about doing the PD tube.

It all seems to be happening all of a sudden! it seemed to take so long to get to this point, all I can do now is wait.

I spoke to him about the dizziness and he said my blood pressure was a little low so he has stopped the atenelol and I've got to go and get my BP checked next week at my GP. He said it could be my kidneys going to sleep and I looked very dehydrated so I've got to drink more water.

well all there is to do now is wait

mike :D :D :D
wing

Post by wing »

Hi Mike.
I've very recently started peritoneal dialysis and I can't tell you how well I feel since starting it. I didn't feel particularly ill before, but as you say, the chronic fatigue just creeps up on you and before you know it you sleep 12 hours a day and still wake up feeling knackered!!
I now wake early in the morning and feel refreshed and raring to go.
I was dreading the prospect of life on dialysis as I thought that it would signal the end of my free and easy life and the ability to come and go as I pleased. In reality, the chronic fatigue from renal failure does that anyway as you become too exhausted to do much. I feel that I have more time than before - not less, as I am awake for longer.
Good luck with it all.
Hope your treatment starts soon and you feel the benefit from it.
The prospect is far worse than the reality!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Wing
It has taken some time but I had only realised recently how tired I had been getting and I know that things will get worse before they get better. It will be about 3 or 4 months before I start PD as I am due to go and have the PD tube done in 2 months time i just have to try and cope as best I can and not overdo it.

I sleep so much and like you said I wake up feeling crap and still tired. I yawn all day at work and I am absolutely exhausted by 5pm and too tired to do anything in the evening.

I'm due to start epo very soon so that should help but the only problem I have now is that I am getting dizzy, I really felt like I was going to pass out on the stair at work earlier today but luckily I didn't.

anyway thanks very much
hope you're feeling well
mike
Elaine

Good Luck mike ;)

Post by Elaine »

Hope u gona feel better soon ;) :roll:
Yeh remmber just b4 wen my daugter started p/d she too use sleep 16 hrs a day and feel sooo ill :( as she has nephrotic syndrome and her kidneys giving har soo much jipp!! :shock:

Good luck goin on transplant list some units vairy at dependin wen they are able to list u etc. :)

Hope u feelin better very soon good luck :lol: best wishes Elaine :wink:
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Elaine

thanks very much :D

I have been feeling much better the last couple of days as I have been taken off atenolol which was making me feel very tired.

I'm just waiting for confirmation from the transplant unit that I am actually on the list now and I am due to start epo soon so that should help me feel better too.

Mike :D :D