Update on Husband

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Sandra

Update on Husband

Post by Sandra »

He was just approved to get the intravenous immune globulin and started it yesterday.

We don't know a lot about it and have been looking at different web sites but we are hoping that it works. I would love to hear from anyone saying that we tried this and it worked for them or someone they know. In Canada here they will do the IGI but not the plasm thingy unless you have someone who will donate a kidney to you. Just FYI

Talk to you all later.
Sandra from Canada :-D
Elaine

Hiya Sandra ;)

Post by Elaine »

Hiya Sandra my daughter had IV immunoglobulins few yrs ago for about once a month for 15mnths to boost her immunity as she was VERY compromised at time gettin all sorts infections etc. Did 'seem' to work but think cost an issue so stopped as they sed the benefit was minimal ' time. But then again every1 different etc :?

For what reason are they hoping to use it for u husband??

Good luck 2 u both and hope it helps. Best wishes Elaine ;) uk :)
Hal

Post by Hal »

Good luck to you and your husband Sandra. Please tell us the reasoning behind the treatment.

Hal
Sandra

Additional information

Post by Sandra »

They are doing the IGI to help lower his anitbodies. His Antibodies as of April 2004 were 96% and 100% therefore not unable to get a kidney transplant unless it was a prefect match. They will help lower it to at least 50%. I don't how is how this works but we are going to cross our fingers. :) Has anyone tried this to lower their antibodies?
Sandra from Canada :-D