Another Transplant cancelled

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Pam

Post by Pam »

Dear Kelly and Pete,
I am so sorry to hear of your transplant cancellation! :( Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers...I know that Pete will get his kidney and it will go wonderfully when it does happen.
It is so hard to be patient when you are waiting for something so life changing and precious as a kidney, but God will give you the grace to see this time through-I just know it in my heart.
May He keep you both in His infinite care and love.
-Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Dan

Sorry about the cancelled transplant

Post by Dan »

Hi there.My husband, Dan told me to read your message that you posted to him. Amazing how similar our circumstances are. How disappointing about the cancelled transplant. I know how you feel. We have just gone through this emotional process and we did feel that the light at the end of the tunnel had gone out too. Once we felt like we had dealt with it we got ghood news that Dan is very close to the top of the transplant list. we realize that this could still take some time but we now are convinced that there is a perfect plan for Dan and the transplant. The previous potential donor was not the perfect plan(for him or for us) and now that that door is closed we can trust that the perfect plan will be able to reveal itself.(of course we would like it to be sooner than later) I am sure that something will come across your path during the coming weeks that will encourage you all and be able to ignite the light at the end of the tunnel again. Anyhow how old are your kids? We have a 13year old boy, Josh(14 next month)Jessica is 11 and a half and Noah just turned 6. We also have 2 mentally handicapped young men who have lived with us since they were 12 years old(they have been with us for 8 years) Needless to say dinner can be quite the circus. We love it though. I better go now, I'll check back soon. I tried to go to the chat site but couldn't. Maybe I'll have better luck next time. Chow for now. Ruth Wiebe