Transplant Cancelled

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Carolyn in CA

Transplant Cancelled

Post by Carolyn in CA »

I guess I need to vent! Richard's son called last nite and cancelled the transplant for July 20th. He says his in-laws who would watch his kids have to move and his brother-in-law who would watch his business is in jail. We are so-o-o disappointed!!!! :cry: We just don't know for sure if his reasons are the reasons, or if he got cold feet and just doesn't want to tell us! Poor Richard, we are less than 2 weeks from the "T" date. Richard has been bouncing off the walls excited, and now what a downer! Richard asked if Tony still planned to do the procedure and he said yes, but said he doesn't know when.

If you have any words of encouragement for us, we could sure use them!
msdiva

Post by msdiva »

I know your dissappointed, any of us would be, sounds like to me a case of cold feet, i guess we cant really count on a kidney until they are actually laying on the op table with a tube up thier nose waiting for the scapel. It will happen for him im sure of it, and with the right compassionate caring person, sometimes its easy for people to say they are willing to donate it makes them feel good to SAY that. After being a part of this support group for almost a year and seeing what others have gone through, i have the understanding and patience now to deal with those people who are quick to jump in and say they will donate but when it comes down to it, im not going to count on it until they are laying on the table, uncouscience(sp) If you approach everything that way i feel you wont be disappointed by those who mean well, but just dont have the heart (or shall i say kidney) to give it. And when it does actually happen then you are blessed with a true gift, not one that seems forced or pressured. Its hard for people to part with vital organs, no matter how much a doctor tells them they can live a normal life without it. Keep your head up and tell him to keep his head up, it will happen, just keep that faith, i would advise to keep asking other people dont let this one person stop the show keep that full press thing going and get out there to other family members and friends, hell, ask co-workers, sometimes strangers can help you more than family. JUST NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP OR STOP LOOKING. Lots of luck and love

The Diva!!!!
Elaine

sooo sorry 2 hear transplant cancelled :(

Post by Elaine »

Carolyne soo sorry to hear transplant op cancelled ? or put on hold :(
Such an enotional rollercoaster for u all :(
Fingers crossed just a slight delay...............

best wishes Elaine UK :wink: :? :roll:
Pam

Post by Pam »

Dear Carolyn and Richard,
I am so sorry to hear of the transplant cancellation. :cry: It is truly hard to accept when you are so excited about it and it doesn't happen, but keep on hoping and praying and it will happen. I know it's not a popular opinion, but everything happens for a reason. I have seen this too many times in my own life for it not to be true!
Not to diminish your pain or sadness, but possibly there is a better match somewhere else and this is the way for you to find it. And again, he might change his mind (if that is the reason)...people are frightened of things that they do not know about-think of all the things that you did not know about kidney disease and were terrified and now that you do, it might be still scary, but you know what to expect and can kind of plan for things.
Please know that you are in my daily prayers and I will keep you in my thoughts-let us know how you are doing, ok?
Love,
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Hal

Post by Hal »

Sorry to hear your news Carolyn and Richard.

I'm sure Richard's brother will come through for you soon.

In the meantime, take care of yourselves.

Best wishes,

Hal.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Dear Carolyn

I am so sorry to hear your news. As the wife of a waiting receiver also, I can really relate to what you are going through.

My one concern is that Paul will get cold feet, but if he does thats his parogative (easier said than done) and no one can change his mind.

I really do hope that it is all for genuine reasons, and it will all still happen for you.

Feel free to email me at any time for a moan or anything else.

Love Kelly
ImageImage

Life is like a box of chocolates, you can never get enough
Anne in Va

Post by Anne in Va »

Sorry to learn about the cancellation. Hopefully it just means a postponement and circumstances will sort themselves out in the near future. My own surgery was postponed three times because of circumstances in my donor's life. When it finally happened, it turned out to be the best possible time for everyone concerned. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Anne
Bruno

i know exactly how you feel...

Post by Bruno »

my sister is a perfect match and my two brothers are 3 out of 6 match and none of them want to donate after telling me that they would...i mean why get tested and meet with my doctors in the first place. so i'm just waiting to get that late night call saying come in for your kidney. try to be strong and keep a positive outlook...i know it's hard but what else can 'we' do?!