Clinic visit today

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

SteveUK

Clinic visit today

Post by SteveUK »

hi there

I've been to transplant clinic today, and Ive come home feeling rather nervous.

I take Neoral 100mg X2 a day, Prednisolone 10mg a day and Mycophenolate Mofetil 500mg 4x a day. I have just had my Neoral cut from that dose stated, to 75mg 2x a day. I questioned my doctors motives over this, to which she replied that my kidney function is good, but I'm still left wondering if it is still quite a large dose drop. I have had my Neoral dose checked regularly for the last 6 months, almost every week, and the Neoral level in my blood has remained lower than normal. The general plan is to have me off Neoral eventually due to known Nephrotoxcity, but I'm feeling obviously nervous at such a huge drop. Is this really something I should feel so nervous about? After all, I haven't had a drop in my Neoral dose, for quite some time now. It was been between 100/125 mg now for around for months and now suddenly, I have a 50mg dose drop.

Would like to hear anyones advice on this. My next blood test is Monday. I know I shouldn't feel pessimistic, but I'm not looking forward to the next few days in the fear that something bad will happen.

Thanks.

Steve
~I close my eyes, and This Is Yesterday~
My Band myspace!
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

I think its normal to feel nervous.. I was when they dropped my Neoral to 100 from 150.. However tthough may sometimes appear otherwise their 'protocols' ususally ARE based on scientific research, even if they aren't very good at explaining things.. Give em a call if you're worried.. They 'should' be more than happy to explain it to you. :?
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast