Gastroparesis etc

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

MidgeMan90

Re: Gastroparesis etc

Post by MidgeMan90 »

Hi,

It is not the same condition as you but I have the EBV virus and at certain points when treating it, even now, they have totally dropped aza and brought tacro down to a stupidly small level. No rejection has occurred, although it must be said I did have a biopsy at one point as creatinine went up but it showed no rejection. The doc at clinic this past week didn't fill me with the up most confidence when he said: "It looks like you have gotten away with it" - in reference to lowering the rejection drugs in order to find a balance between treating the virus and looking after the kidney.

Your plan of eating small and often, losing weight, exercising etc can surely only help and would be a good course of action I would think.

Sorry this reply isn't totally gastroparesis related, but I thought I would share it in regards to lowering anti-rejection drugs.

Regards,

Dan.
Diagnosed with end stage renal failure out of the blue - 11/02/2010
Haemo - February 2010 - April 2010
APD - May 2010 - June 23/2011
Transplanted via live donor - 24/06/2011.

Doing my best to look after that kidney.