The Team Tibbs Results are in...

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Unifluzie

Re: The Team Tibbs Results are in...

Post by Unifluzie »

The hospitals should be tell us not to then?!?! I got given a weekly dosette box in 2012 just after my transplant and used it fairly religiously until a few months ago when I changed jobs.

Tibbs I'm glad to hear you're not too bad despite the raise in creat
sanela

Post by sanela »

Hi Tibbs,
did my ears deceive me or were you at the clinic on thursday? I hope everything is OK, you had several tests done lately. I would agree, no news is good news at Hammersmith...

All the best, Sanela
Walter, 15 september 2009
Tibbs

Post by Tibbs »

Yes, 'twas me! I always sit around the corner near Dr Galliford's office if you want to keep an eye out - I get better phone signal there...

Everything is fine as far as I'm concerned, creatinine is coming down. It's 280something right now, it was over 300 a month or so ago.

I'm back in a couple of weeks which is a bit annoying, as I thought I was in the clear until the new year.

The biopsy was fine - it showed some tubule damage, but no rejection, and the MRA was fine except that (like last time) they couldn't see the smaller artery because of a clip that's over the top of it.
26/11/12 - Live donor transplant from my dad
6/1/13 - Discharged - Rejection episode over
7/1/13 - Getting on with life
24/9/13 - Left Radical Nephrectomy of Native Kidney due to cancerous tumour
14/10/13 - Back to work, getting on with life
sanela

Post by sanela »

Ah! I always sit in the far corner where I have a good view of the whole room – reading my book…I didn’t actually see you, not that I would recognize you in any case, just heard the name. I’m not back until end of February which is really new, I’ve been going back every eight weeks for yonks.
Glad to hear everything is well. They probably want to keep a closer eye on you for the time being just to be sure everything is OK. I get it’s annoying but at least you know if anything is off they will pick up on that very quickly.

I'll keep an eye out next time I'm in...
Walter, 15 september 2009
Tibbs

Post by Tibbs »

Been a while since an update, but things are moving along.

As a result of that clip, I'm having another angio at some point to have a look at the blood flow into my kidney. Booking time unknown, but hopefully soon, and before Jeremy Hunt (it rhymes for a reason) sells the NHS to Richard Branson for 12.5p and leaves us all to write cheques for our treatment.

I'm also booked in next week to have another FK profile done. It's the same day as my clinic, so I';ll be bouncing between Pam Sassoa and the Outpatients while they do all their bits.
26/11/12 - Live donor transplant from my dad
6/1/13 - Discharged - Rejection episode over
7/1/13 - Getting on with life
24/9/13 - Left Radical Nephrectomy of Native Kidney due to cancerous tumour
14/10/13 - Back to work, getting on with life