Numbness

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Blaine

Numbness

Post by Blaine »

Does anyone else on hemo dialysis have numbness and tingling in your feet? Thank You.

Blaine
amanda in CA

numbness

Post by amanda in CA »

Hi, blaine, I am on PD but I too get periodic episodes of tingling and numbness in my feet, it's not there all the time. Are you diabetic because that can give rise to numbness too. Amanda
SteveUK

Vumbness

Post by SteveUK »

Hi there.

I used to get alot of tingling/numbness on dialysis too. This to me was an indication that perhaps either too much fluid or Sodium was being removed, because only a short period later, 99 times out of 100 I would either start to feel very faint/sick/dizzy or I would have some bout of leg cramp, when the tingling, would especially get worse. Do you find that with the tingling that you feel your BP may be low? This may not be the problem, but this is from my experience of dialysis, we're all different.

Hope this helps any,

Steve :)
~I close my eyes, and This Is Yesterday~
My Band myspace!
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Numbnessand tingling can be a sign of a number of things from simple dehydration, to low sodium, potassium or calcium..

SUggest you at least ask your team to check these for you as if it doesn't appear to be any of these it might be worth looking further into it.
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast