CAPD(APD) vs HEMO

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Jack

CAPD(APD) vs HEMO

Post by Jack »

i chose pd becuase my doctor strongly recomeded it because im young
i can eat much more than on hemo
i can drink more i have freedom once i go on to ccpd instead of beeing stuck on a machine for 4 hours a day 3 days a week
i personaly chose it also because i had hemo thru a cahtete and it left me feeling tired sometimes i had hedaches and youy know with capd i dont feel any of these syptoms also capd is painless and with hemo you have to get needles each session

even my new friend who is around 60 years old and was on hemmo 4 about 4 years says hes glad he changed to capd becuase the hemo was giving his bodu quite a beating

i will suggest capd over hemo dialysis

PS: the oly drawback for me was not beeing able to swim in a pool but hey , i live on an island and i can go swim in the sea anytime

PS2: the catheter sticking out of my belly isnt that bad because people dont seeit at all but a shunt on your arm well you cant realy wear short sleeves without people knwoing
==jack==
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

An oft covered topic!

Post by JMan »

Personally I found hemo worked well for me once I settled on it.
A main reason was the it intruded less into my home life, as once off the machine I walked completly away from it until the next session.

I had PD when much younger.. It didn't agree with me so well. But is always a possible future option.

Its an oft discussed topic:D http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&l ... ey-failure for some light reading from the past 10 years or so.

Personally I think the choice should be made on medical suitability, lifestyle requirements and personal choice combined.
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Jack

Post by Jack »

wel everybody has their opinions and reasons -
==jack==