Please read

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Bill

Please read

Post by Bill »

All:

I noticed a few new members, a few being young females. I copied the post (with the authors permission of course) below from one of the emails from the Quater Century Club. This is an internet club with people who had transplants over 25 years. Pam, who also posts here, is also a member.

I was hoping it may help some of you who had just been diagnosed with kidney disease, those waiting for a transplant, or those who had just reciently been transplanted a little something bright to read.

I think Nola, the author, so eloquently and perfectly summed up what life can be life even with kidney disease in one short paragraph.

Bill

[color=red][quote]I got my kidney very young, 17, and never thought I would get married, or have much of a life. But I found a great man, who I have been married to for 31 years, and we have had 2 wonderful children. Before I was married, and until I had my first child, I worked in an orphanage run by the county, as a medical secy. Then I stayed home with my children, until 13 years ago, when I started running the office of my husbands HVAC company. And that is what I am doing to date. I also am expecting my first grandchild within the next month.
So I have had a great 33 years since my transplant.
Nola Ross
Cleveland Ohio[/quote][/color]