laproscopic pyeloplasty May 18th

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

callie

laproscopic pyeloplasty May 18th

Post by callie »

Hi,

I feel a little silly writing when I read through some of the other messages. My problem is small in comparison. I am booked for laproscopic pyeloplasty on the 18th...have been waiting 3 months for the date to arrive. I am luckily having it done laproscopically, but I'm getting nervous. How much pain is there when you wake up? I was told I will have a pain pump to control my own meds. I have a 2 hour drive to get home once I'm out of hospital. Did anyone have problems with the stent causing pain on bumpy roads. The last time I had a stent and drove just the 15 min from the hospital to home it was agonizing. I'm worried about driving for 2 hours. Any info is appreciated. I'm so happy this board exists.

Sincerely,
Callie
Jmig

Post by Jmig »

Hi,

I haven't had a pyeloplasty done yet, that is next on my list of things!! :D Anyway, I had a stent put in last friday, the worst feeling I had was the constant and strong urges to pee. There was also some cramping, it felt like menstrual cramps. Fun, huh? :) A two hour car ride might be tough, make sure that you care able to stop so you can take pee breaks.... good luck and let me know how it goes, I am going to have a pyeloplasty done soon!

Jen