I am still here!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

nycpetit

I am still here!

Post by nycpetit »

Sorry it has been soooo long since I've checked in here. um, gee, don't many of us end up saying that as time passes? :) But I think of you all the time, and read here frequently to keep up to date.

In reality, I've been going through a breakup with the ex from how long ago? All over again. Sheesh. After all I've been through personally and physically, I don't know why I subjected myself to another round with him, and would go into it, but I think he's had enough of my life for now. Three plus years of the drama, and he just never really made an effort. he moved back in here around the time of my operation, which was August 12th, and I did NOT want to live together again at this point long term. But stay he did, um, financial issues again. And left in a huff, just three weeks ago. Ditching rent for three months, paid Dec, and still owes Jan. since he gave me two days notice.

Familiarity can sure breed contempt.

In any case, I am in school, and was right after the transplant, um two weeks after.:) I also was back in the gym two weeks post-op (shhh). I am extremely fortunate, as six months is here Feb. 12th (thanks for remembering Rachel) and I have only had a uti, and that's it. I am doing wonderfully. Stopped Mycelex troches after two months, stop the Valcyte in three weeks, and then the Bactrim gets stopped in August. I can travel after my six months, and my Prograf can come down (I metabolize that stuff like crazy!! They've never seen anything like it, I won't say how much I am taking. Ugh)

I was able to get a flu shot just before Xmas, and so far this year I've only had a cold, so that is great! (which I got from the ex, lol).

I am finishing my pilates certification and will start to teach spin classes soon. This semester will be tough as I am transferring to the doctorate program in the fall, and so I've got the GRE exams, plus the pilates exams, plus some tough classes, like the cognitive assessment which starts tonight.

I hope all of you are continuing to do well. I count myself as more than lucky. My donor is doing well, and I enjoy my doctors visits since they've now moved the pre-transplant center into the same office as the post=transplant office, and I find I can help people with their fears when they are coming in for testing. I've also been helping them to organize some of the kidney walks, patient/doctor seminars, and the like. It's very gratifying.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Personally I was in somewhat of a funk. But wanted to say hi to everyone!

Natalie
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hi Natalie

Great to hear from you. Glad to hear you are keeping well.

Take Care
Love
Andy
x x x
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
R30

Catching up

Post by R30 »

Hey Natalie
It's great to hear from you. I am sorry that you have been through some personal trauma after your tx - I went through it last June when I had just started dialysis so I know a bit about how you feel.
Good to hear that your College life is going well for you and that you are back and doing the things you enjoy. I haven't tackled the gym yet, but I was driving two weeks after my tx...!
Keep in touch - it's great to hear other success stories.
Cheers
Ruth
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hey Natalie,

Sorry to hear about all the crap your having to deal with, but its good to hear what you are up to.

Hal xxx
Michele in TN

Post by Michele in TN »

Hi Natalie. Congrats on 6 months. Mine was just yesterday. Sorry you are going through so much. And I can totally relate to the prograf, I've got that same problem, too. They almost doubted I was even taking it :roll: this past appointment.
((((hugs))))
Michele, 30
Mom to Emily, 11
Wife to Chris
Transplanted 07/29/04
Creatinine 0.9 2/07
stopping prednisone due to severe renal osteodystrophy 11/06
Doolally

Post by Doolally »

Sorry you've been having a hard time Natalie, I hope things really pick up for you and you don't get screwed around again. Good luck with all the school stuff, sounds like you're keeping busy!

Love Ali xx :) :)