The Single Kidney Septuagenarian - Angela's Just70 Challenge

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

iancarr

The Single Kidney Septuagenarian - Angela's Just70 Challenge

Post by iancarr »

http://www.just70.co.uk
Recently my Aunt thought, 'how can I celebrate my 70th birthday in style – and also support a couple of charitable causes I’m passionate about?' Therefore to celebrate becoming Just 70, here’s what she is going to do :

Run 7 miles - Walk 70 miles - Bicycle 70 miles - Swim 1 mile - Horse-ride 7 miles - Climb 7 Tors- Canoe 7 miles............................all in 7 weeks

To raise money for renal and transplant patient associations in Staffordshire
To purchase medical equipment for the Salma Dialysis Centre in Khartoum, Sudan
To promote organ donation amongst companies, groups and faith communities

I'd be grateful if fellow members would pass on the details of www.just70.co.uk to colleagues
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

I'll be 80 in a very short while and I feel it my duty to officially inform the members of this board that I am absolutely determined not to climb Mt. Everest on my birthday. I will also resolutely refuse all invitations to row single-handed across the Atlantic or any other ocean [I might, if pressed, try 8 revolutions of my bath or, depending on how I feel at the time, I might just take a shower even though I had one last Easter]. I promise that I will not run, cycle, fly, gallop, jump, rollerskate, skateboard, stand on my head or balance 80 plates on the tip of my nose. I wilI seek sponsorship for each of these non-activities and hope with the proceeds to lobby alll members of parliament to pass a law making it illegal to publish inspiring stories of active wrinklies doing all the things I can no longer do. I might also spend some of the sponsorship money on providing a motor for my Zimmer frame.
Pam

Post by Pam »

I am very impressed that your aunt is able to do all of this and that she is doing it for kidney causes!! There's not a lot that is being done for anything "kidney" related...it's hard to even find any fundraisers, etc. for issues that pertain to us so anyone doing anything to further awareness or help patients ANYWHERE is worthy of the highest gratitude and applause!! :D :D :D :D
Please tell your aunt that she is a very "cool" lady for doing what she is doing and that I wish her every blessing and success! Please keep us posted about her!
Love,
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Andy

Post by Andy »

That is great good luck with all of that. What an Achievement.

Love
Andy
x x x
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk