Update from George

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

George

Update from George

Post by George »

Firstly, thanks to all who posted good wishes and support.

I had a great meal in Blackpool, we went to a Ghurkar resturant where we had a choice of Chinise, Indian, Malaysian, Napolian and Thai food, as much as you can eat for a tenner.....god i'm stuffed. My brother has stopped smoking so he can be a donor.

I saw the consultant yesterday and it was pretty much what I thought it would be....loose some weight!

I knew that I had to do so, my weight pre dialysis days was 132kg, its now 108kg, but have to get under 100kg before they will start testing my bother. I have to get to about 90-95kg before I can be transplanted. I hope to get to this weight for about August/Sept at the latest.

Now where is that apple :wink: :roll:
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

Good luck George.

My mum was going to donate to me. Everything was in place except she had to lose three stone. It sounds funny but in fact it was really quite stressful. In the end I got a cadavaric transplant which was a great relief all round!

PS: do you go to York or Leeds for check ups? (I guess Wakefield must be between the two)
Jim
Elaine

Good Luck George ;)

Post by Elaine »

Good luck George & best wishes Elaine & Rach ;) :P :wink:

keep in touch ;)
Sueleic

Post by Sueleic »

Hi George
Glad you had a good time with your brother :)
So you got to lose a little weight come on mate it can be done
Just waiting for the post on here to say you’ve had your transplant!!!
I have been meaning to email you will get round to it
Take care as always
Sue
Xxx
Hey George go do some Northern Soul dancing and have some fun!!! :wink: :wink: :shock: :roll:
Julie

AN APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Julie »

Blimey George!!! An apple!!!! You know that contains about 40 calories? You could not eat the apple and have 100 grams of raw celery which only has 6.4 calories instead!

Don't you know ANYTHING about dieting? :wink:

Good luck - any more calorie cutting tips, you know where to come. :lol:

Lots of love,
Julie
XXX
George

Post by George »

Dieting is extra difficult for me because anything that is good for diets seem to be high in pureens and because of gout I must keep these to a minimum. I will get there, my first target is to be 100kg or less by April.

Bluemoon, I go to Leeds GI (ward 50) for dialysis, but the transplant team work from St James (know as Jimmy's of TV fame). There is a satalite unit in Wakefield but the days and times actually make it more awkward for work & pleasure..like Sundays....match days...no thanks.
Hal

Post by Hal »

Good luck with George, you can do it (put your back into it ;)) :shock:

Hal
les

GREAT JOB GEORGE

Post by les »

HI GEORGE,
hi, how ya doin, read your last massage, at blackpool, sounded great?
you say how your doing with your weight, you've done very well, form 132kg--108kg, thats great, i have a huge problem with weight myself, i did weight 150kg, and got down to 141kg but seem to be stuck at the moment, even gone back to 142.5kg (dummmm)
i keep trying but have stayed the same for the last 3 weeks? so you keep up the good work GEORGE! and i'll go back to the drewing board!

goodluck
LES
smile,even if only once a day and laughter, infectiuos.
Rik

Post by Rik »

hey George ... your doing fantastically well in dropping from 132 down to 108!!!

have you tried the Clarks diet?? ...
it works amazingly well with our bank balance ... my wife only has to pass a shoe shop and Pounds just fall away from our account!!!!!!!!
George

Post by George »

Rik, as much as I hate fish I used to be on a see food diet, if I saw it I ate it.
Anyway, pleased to report 2 good things and one bad thing. Firstly lost another kg this last week. Also this morning after I took Kath to work and before I went to work I went swimming, the first time in many years. I only did 8x25mtrs lenths, but its a start and I intend to increase this by 2 lenths each time I go. I hope to go about 3 times a week.

Now the bad news concerning my transplant, it seems my brother will not be able to donate to me, he has a different blood group. I am A-pos and he is B-pos :cry: Never mind, at least he offered and the thing I have to do as far as weight is just as important now as before. Thanks for the support.

Only 13 days to the new season. Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!