call me mr angry

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

les

call me mr angry

Post by les »

hi everybody,hope your all as well as can be? do you remember last week me say i was due to have my FISTULA done? well guess what the night before i was due in, got a phone call at 4:00pm to its been cancelled no bed? i was not given a re-appt, nor any ideal of when the next appt might be. so much for the n.h.s!
p.s not the docters/nurses, just the system, ar well that was last week, todays anther day, still got my boots on, and still the right way up!
bye for now, les
smile,even if only once a day and laughter, infectiuos.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Les,

That very nearly happened to me when I phoned up to check if there was a bed available for my hernia op I was told there wasn't and I had to wait around all day until there was. Sadly it probably is quite common and must cost the NHS a lot of money. Anyway hope you get it done soon.

Mike
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Be glad they phoned you and didn't wait until you were at the hospital .

I had this happen with an Angiogram. I was admitted, had a cannula in, etc... I was NOT impressed.
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Elaine

cancelled op

Post by Elaine »

Hiya Les sory 2 hear u op cancelled. Oh Joys of NHS unless they can top n tail patients sadly this haeppns far too frequently. Yeh as u say its the 'system' I too have had to ring peopel to cancel operations and is as frustraing for nurses as the patients sad to say! The admissions officers have to rebook ops etc so hopefully will be in touch soon?

Yeh as Jman says @ least u didnt get to hosp etc which is worse to be then told 'no room @ the inn'

keep us posted Best wishes Elaine ;)
George

Post by George »

Hi Les, its just typical of the nhs :x It could have been worse mate...I once got unecpectedly called for testicle removal...suspected cancer, a year previously I had been given the all clear and was told it was just a varicase vein not to worry. I got to hospotal and asked are they sure as I hadn't seen the consultant for about a year and thought everything was ok. They just seemed to ignore my and said well you have been sent for havn't you. I was gowned up and given the pre med, I told a nurse that I wanted to see the consultant before I went down. He came and seemed quite annoyed at my request, he then examined me, said OO000ppps sorry, you seem ok, get dressed and go home!....
Wow! that was close...gives me goosepimples just thinking about it.