Kia Ora (hello) from New Zealand

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Kiwi Andy

Kia Ora (hello) from New Zealand

Post by Kiwi Andy »

Hi everyone
A late merry christmas and happy new year to everyone. I'm feeling guilty as hell for not posting for what seems years and especially since I leaned on everyone on this board while Jenny was on dialysis and thru her transplant ordeal. To be honest, I rarely get on the net at home anymore. I do check the board at work but since Jenny has been doing so well, we are doing as much as possible with our spare time. It's also summer here and we are just getting out enjoying what we missed out on for so long. Jenny has been doing so well, it's almost scary. February 2nd is her first transplant anniversary. And Julie (her donor) is doing so well too !!! We have just been away for 2 weeks holiday in sunny Nelson (NZ) where it rained most of the time we were there but who cares ?? I was dragged around every local craft market but it was good to see Jenny just enjoying herself. We even go to the movies now, go for walks together, go out for a meal once a week and just do a lot of the simple things in life. The kids are still.....well, at 15, Deanna is a typical 15yo girl and Sam. (who will be 12 this month) has discovered girls. Looks like his rugby will go to the dogs this year. I'm going to keep this short as it's early morning here and I have a couple of projects on the go. I will try and post again soon. (Honestly)
And thanks to Rachel in NY for mailing me to remind me that you good people are still "out there" thinking of us.
Take care everyone and for those I owe e mails, I will try to answer as soon as I get spare time.
Andy
amanda in CA

Hi, Andy

Post by amanda in CA »

Hi, it's great to hear from you again and I am glad to hear that Jenny's transplant is doing well, especially after the initial problems that she had. Just enjoy life again and I wish you both all the best. Love Amanda
Elaine

GR8 2 HEAR FROM U ANDY NZ :D

Post by Elaine »

Hiya Andy GR8 2 hear from u been thinking about u Jenny & family.
Glad that u are getting bak to'normality' 2 some extent after transplant etc and family life. :P

Glad u had good xmas and Happy New Year 2005 to u all best wishes
keep in touch ;)

Elaine & Rach Uk :lol:
Sueleic

Post by Sueleic »

Hi Andy
A very Happy New Year to you Jenny & Kids
I am in the middle of doing an email promise!
So good to see your name back on the board
You’ll hear from me soon
Take care
Sue
xx :D