Hello, all - and wishing EVERYONE a happy & HEALTHY New

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Cheryl in CT

Hello, all - and wishing EVERYONE a happy & HEALTHY New

Post by Cheryl in CT »

Hello, all....

Yes, I've been negligent... Yes, I've been scarce... It's been an odd several months, filled with all sorts of bizarre health issues, but none of them "directly" kidney related - per se, anyway... - med-related, yes; immuno-suppression issues, yes... BUT the old transplant is still going strong at 2 years+, and I'm not complaining....

I'm almost embarrassed to "show up" again after all this time, but please know that I have been checking the board every single day to see how everyone has been doing. I just haven't been "with it" enough to post myself, but I'm following everybody's "issues"...

For those of you who received holiday wishes from Hallmark that you couldn't open, I apologize. I send Hallmark things to my daughter Ryan (in the UK) often, and she has never had a problem opening them.... From what I gather now, tho, they didn't exactly "work" this Christmas... To Jim & Sue - it was cat stuff... Julie, it was a dog... Andy, etal - I don't even remember, but I scheduled them all to arrive on DEC 25... My heart was in the right place, anyway...

Ryan has a British Air flight tomorrow so she can get back to school in time to finish a paper due in a week - provided that the weather here cooperates (snow, freezing rain predicted here...) Cam is beside himself happy with his new Hamer guitar - if he & his 14/15 year-old co-horts could find themselves a 16+ year old with a driver's licence & a vehicle, they'd be off on tour already.... Meanwhile, I'm waking him up daily at 6:30AM so he can get to school on time... Mark is weary of the troubles in the Mid-East and would divest himself of all associations if he could, and I'm back to work after a lovely, quiet (but family-oriented) holiday break....

To those to whom I owe e-mails, YES, I will be in touch.... SOON - really! To Amanda, I still have your candy, and I REALLY am sending it. this week.. Jim, I have your kite - and yes, it won't be long... Hal, I've read ALL the books (everyone's!) & I'll be in touch soon... Andy, hang in there - you're super & the photos are fantastic! PLEASE stay with us.... Rach - you know, okay? Haven't forwarded the package but will do so this week.... Just didn't know whose address it was before, which may have been the problem.. RS - just get back on IM, will you? Old Borris - do you ever read your e-mail? And Julie - whoa... what a holiday, eh?

Love you all - and think of each & every one of you Every Single Day! (and that's the TRUTH!)

love,
Cheryl
amanda in CA

hi

Post by amanda in CA »

Hi, Cheryl, Glad to hear that all is well with you. I have been very remiss in keeping in touch with you too, hopefully with a new year started I will be a better communicator. love Amanda
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Hi Cheryl

Thanks for the update.. Glad to hear your OK

Hallmark were doing 'maintainence' over the xmas period & thats why those cards wouldn't load...:)

Keep in touch..

J
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Hal

Post by Hal »

Glad to hear you are doing well Cheryl and had a good break,

Talk to you soon,

Hal x
Sueleic

Post by Sueleic »

Hello Cheryl
How nice to see your name back on the board
First Ronnie pops up Rik finds Boris and now Cheryl
Thank you for the card and I know the thought was there as always from you, I too read the board everyday
So glad to hear your kidney is still doing well
Sending my love and wishing you a happy healthy and peaceful new year
Take care
Sue
xx