checking in

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Cy

checking in

Post by Cy »

Hi guys,

Spent part of last night reviewing old posts and getting caught up a bit! It is soooo good to hear your voices! Rachel, Rik, Jman, Hal, Ronnie - it was so good to get caught up a bit. Even tho I've been off the board, you guys kept me together! Rachel - you stay out of that hospital - you hear?

As y'all remember, Andrew (now 14) was diagnosed with MPGN a few years back. Happy to report, he continues to do well. Kidney stuff is staying sort of stable. He continues to all but live at the theater. Just wrapped up a two week run of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat. His theater had the honor of being asked to showcase 101 Dalmations in Atlanta for a special MTI program - which will be his first gig traveling without me or a close friend keeping an eye on meds.

I've been busy, busy, busy - working on California's prop 71 ($3 billion for embryonic stem cell research). Was good to see it succeed in November. I've truely never worked so hard in my life. Even Andrew got pressed into service making press kits. His Halloween was spent going door-to-door with friends dressed as the Village People and putting up Prop 71 lawnsigns! I thought things would calm down a bit post-election - which was a mistake on my part.

Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy new year.

Cy
Cy (in California)
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

Cy... sooooo sooo so good to hear from you guys again. I've been thinking about you & Andrew from time to time over the last year.. wondering where you dissapeared too. Glad Andrews kidney stuff are stable, and check back again every once in a while to let us know you are arould :)

~Rachel
Image Image

"When life keeps giving you lemons, get to work and make a tall frosted pitcher of icy cold lemonade."
Hal

Post by Hal »

Great to hear from you Cy. Also been wondering where you were and how you and Andrew were doing - good to hear you are both doing well.

I asked around and couldn't find out how you were , so its great to read it now!

Hal.
Rik

Post by Rik »

apologies for such a belated repy work has been MAD til now!!!!!
Glad to see your post Cy ... I miss you not being on this board still!!!!
How was Andrews MTI Festival?? ... did you manage to cope without him!!!!!
:0)XXX
Elaine

good 2 hear from u ;)

Post by Elaine »

Gr8 2 hear from u glad u doin ok sound very busy. Been wonderin where u been? :wink:

best wishes Elaine & Rach ;) :P :wink:
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hi Cy

Great to hear from you. Hope all is going well.

Take Care
Love
Andy
x x x
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk