Re: Hernia Op

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

Re: Hernia Op

Post by Mike »

Hi Everyone,

I got out of hospital yesterday and it wasn't too bad. I had far better pain management this time and it wasn't as bad as the PD tube op. I just feel very tired and not really with it but the pain killers I've got make me very drowsy. I started doing exchanges yesterday initially just 1 1/2 litres but I felt much better this morning so I am back doing 2 Ltires.

Thanks for all your support and information

Mike
Elaine

Hernia op - u escaped :D

Post by Elaine »

Hiya Mike glad u outta hops ;) Happy New year 2 u 7 u family.

Glad u had betetr experience op wise this time. Yeh analgesia help u to move and feel more comfortable spec wen u gotta do p/d etc.

best wishes 2 u Elaine ;) :D
Hal

Post by Hal »

Glad you are doing well Mike and hope its all healing up nicely.

Hal
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi,

I had my dressing changed yesterday and the nurse said it looked fine. It's still very painful but I am up and moving around a lot more than a couple of days ago so thats good.

I had a suprise yesterday as I had a phone call from baxters to say they were delivering a homechoice machine today and from what I understand APD is better if you have had a hernia? I wasn't even aware I was on the waiting list but they had put me on the top of the list when I went in for the op.

Mike
Elaine

hiya Mike ;)

Post by Elaine »

Glad hear things goin ok 4 u :D post- op etc

Apparantley APD more gentler way of p/d so may hopefully 'prevent' further henias if possible??

best wishes Elaine :D