UTI's following Pyeloplasty

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Dan_UK

UTI's following Pyeloplasty

Post by Dan_UK »

Hello all,

I had Pyleoplasty Surgery in July to correct a UPJ obstruction in the lower pole moiety of the left kidney.
The surgery went fine, but since then, I have had constant Reccurring UTI's, which do not seem to settle down, even when the results from Microbiology show that I am taking the correct Antibiotic - Cephalexin. I sometimes get slight ache in the left kidney, which is relieved when I drink masses of fluids, but I am drinking about 4 litres of water a day now!.
I am going back to see my surgeon in the UK soon about it, but just wondered if there is an expected length of time for the infections to clear up post Pyeloplasty? I am on about the 8th dose of Antibiotics since the surgery. Trimethoprim is resistant to it now. Not asking for medical advice, just banding the question around to see if anyone has any ideas?

Best wishes from the UK

Dan
ranjanik

Re: UTI's following Pyeloplasty

Post by ranjanik »

Hi Dan,

Greetings!!

I too had the Pyleoplasty surgery in my left kidney last year September and I am feeling fine after the stent is removed. After 9 months, i had a UTI and hospitalized.
I have been given antibiotics to get ride of it. After 2 weeks from hospitalization, i am again getting pain in the left kidney.

I have a doctor appointment next week. Do you have anything to advice since you had a similar issue.

Cheers,
Ranjani