Holiday memories

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Pam

Holiday memories

Post by Pam »

Hi everyone!
Hope everybody had a very Merry Christmas (or Hannukah or Kwanzaa!)
I'm just getting a little nostalgic here-what is a favorite holiday memory of yours? Mine is when I was in college and living in an apartment by myself for the first time. It was about 4-5 years after my transplant and I was savoring my independence! :wink: I have always felt quite comfortable being alone with myself so I wasn't at all lonely. That Christmas I can remember walking to the store in the snow around dusk and the nice, cozy feeling I had of going back to "my place" and decorating it for Christmas...that year, I had an old raggedy tree (the kind covered in that white "styrofoam" stuff)! I couldn't even put lights on it because it was metal (and it had turned yellow with age! :lol:) I put a string of lights in my livingroom window and my tree on a table and stayed up late at night making candy for my family!
The best part was that we had a blizzard and I was "snowed in" for a week or so!....I didn't have much at that time (still don't! :wink: :lol: ) but it was one of the best Christmases ever because I finally felt "normal", being on my own like that.
What is your favorite holiday memory?
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
LadySycamore

Post by LadySycamore »

Hm...I have several but the most recent would have to be the first holiday that I spent with my boyfriend, Terry. At first, he thought that we wouldn't be able to get/afford a tree (fake one), but he said that when he saw the disappointment on my face about it, he decided to get one. I thought that was sweet of him to do (because we were low on the income that year).

But because it was our first (and certainly not last) holiday spent together, it was a good memory. :wink:
Dialyze.org:
http://dialyze.org/forums/index.php
Chatroom, Support, Advocacy and more!

Dialyze.org MemberGroup on MSN:
http://groups.msn.com/Dialyze-orgMember ... sages.msnw
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

I don't remember things so good but I have to say this Xmas day has been the best & worst in a long time.

The best because I was with some cool people & family and enjoyed things like sledging in the moonlight (a white xmas). I haven't been sledging since I was about 9, as there hasn't been enough snow.

The worst because I missed someone very badly.

J
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

J Man: I guess you certainly weren't sledging in Ye Olde London Towne. So where did you find the snow? And the moonlight?
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Ye Olde Welsh Wales,..

Nearest town Blaenau Ffestiniog..

Much feasting was done on Xmas day..

Some time was spent on the beach with my brother on Xmas eve.. (Nut with a KiteBuggy:D )

Sledging in the snow & moonlight was the idea of my nephew.. & it was indeed as clear as day.. Almost full moon and beautifully crisp:)

The house we were in sleeps 15:) Anyone up for a future year?? :D :D

J :D
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

Isn't Wales very dangerous? Don't they eat children?