Merry Christmas to all my old friends......

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Ronnie Magnolia Springs

Merry Christmas to all my old friends......

Post by Ronnie Magnolia Springs »

Howdy all....

Everything is fine in Magnolia Springs, Alabama. Hope everyone here is doing well also.
I did get a little scare last week. Went for my normal bimonthly check up and was about to leave and the Neph stopped me. He said that my urine test had shown protein for the first time since the transplant. I did a 24 hour urine and my protein is quite elevated. They are thinking that it could possibly be my old kidneys finally flaking out. Hope it is..

It's been a very nice Christmas. Kids got more than they should have. It is snowing in south Alabama which is very rare.

Hope everyone has had a quiet, peaceful and warm day.

Ya'll take care
Ronnie
Magnolia Springs , Alabama
Rik

Post by Rik »

Hey Ronnie :)
great hearing from you at last :)
Sure do hope that its just a blip buddy boy ... mind you you coulda suffered a heart flutter with news like that eh!!!!!

have a great break mate and its sure good to hear from you again too

take care and KEEP IN TOUCH!!!!!!
all the best mate
Rachel in NY

Post by Rachel in NY »

Hi Ronnie.. glad to hear you are doing well.. good to see you again. New Years Resolution for Ronnie: Do try to stop in here more often ;)

Cheers!

Rachel
Image Image

"When life keeps giving you lemons, get to work and make a tall frosted pitcher of icy cold lemonade."
Carolyn in CA

Post by Carolyn in CA »

Great to hear from you! Hope your family is doing well too! Will cross our fingers that all is well with your new (well, fairly new) kidney).

Take care, and check in once in awhile!

Happy Holidays!

Richard and Carolyn in CA
Pam

Post by Pam »

Hey, Ronnie!
So great to hear from you!!! I'm glad that you are doing well-hope that the protein issue will resolve itself soon...so YOU guys are the ones who stole our traditional Christmas snow here in the Midwest! :wink: I was wondering where it went...
My sister and her family live in South Carolina and she says everything virtually shuts down in the South when there is just a bit of snow or ice...here we have to have a major snowstorm for the kids to get a "snow day"! :lol: I'm glad you and your family had a nice Christmas and got to have some winter weather for a change...take care of yourself and post more often in 2005, okay?
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

Hi Ronnie: great to hear from youj. Miss your more regular posts
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

:-D

Post by JMan »

Good to hear from you Ronnie... Take care :D
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Cy

Post by Cy »

Hi Ronnie,

Boy that elevated protein must have made your heart skip a beat. Here's hoping that the protein thing is just an aberrant number. How did the rest of your labs look?
Although I haven't posted in a long time, I think of all you you guys frequently. We're doing well here. Been enormously busy working on the California stem cell initiative (Prop 71), which completely ate up my life the past year.

Warmly,
Cy
Cy (in California)
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

>>>which completely ate up my life the past year.

Warmly,
Cy

Gosh! That sounds terrible. Can you not get pills for it?