50th Anniversary

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

R30

50th Anniversary

Post by R30 »

Hi everyone

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Christmas and a restful/exciting/wonderful New Year.

Thanks to everyone who has submitted and responded to postings. I truly believe this board gives more information than I ever seem to get at hospital!

Thanks to JMan in particular for his endless wealth of knowledge on this subject, and to Rik for being humorous, funny and uh.....mad. :wink:

By the way everyone - IT IS THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY, TODAY, OF THE FIRST KIDNEY TRANSPLANT. Definitely something else to celebrate at this time of year! :D :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P :P :P

Love to all
Ruth xxx
Andy

Post by Andy »

Well said Ruth, i completely agree with you.

50 years is a big mark... It'll be my one year soon.

Have a great Christmas/ holiday and best wishes for 2005.

Love
Andy
x x
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
Mike

Post by Mike »

Happy Christmas Ruth and to everyone else too :D :D

Hope you all have a great christmas and new year too.

hopefully I'll be out for new year as I'm going into hospital on the 29th for an op :(

Mike
Elaine

best wishes & 50 yrs celebration kidney transplants

Post by Elaine »

Hiya saw on tv today about 50 years since 1st kidney transplant. Developments have come along way since then and hope that further research continue to enable many many more transplants be performed to help those in need of replacement.
Not forgetting of course all the donors and their famalies specially @ this time of year. :wink: The Gift Of Life :wink:

Glad to be of support Ruth etc while u in hospital and glad that you are on the road to recovery post transplant. Good luck & best wishes 2 u all.
Merry xmas & Happy New Year 2 u all . :D

Elaine & Rach UK :wink: :lol:
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

OUCH!!!!!! The above should not have appeared under this heading. I've been so long without a computer that I have got to get used to the protocol of this board once more. I've now reposted it where it was meant to be under the heading of "Don't worry,dear"
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

What I meant to say on this thread was that, as a recipient of many of the advances in renal treatrment over the last 50 years I am, of course, duly grateful. I wonder what more advances will be made in the next 50 years and looking forward to celebrating them on my 129th birthday to which event I heartily invite everyone. Please note in your diary.
R30

Post by R30 »

Oldborris
I have made a note of your impending 129th, by which time I think I'll be precisely somewhere in my mid nineties (a mere babe).
Please make sure there will be wheelchair access for us oldies by that time...and pint sized tommy tippy mugs. Thanks :!: :D
Ruth
Oh by the way - MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Elaine

good luck 4 u op Mike ;)

Post by Elaine »

Mike wishing u good luck 4 u op hope all goes well .................
Enjoy xmas first eh? ;) all very best 2 u :D

best wishes Elaine uk ;)
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Didn't do a lot to celebrate other than wear my TIA T-shirts... My nephew (13) thought the 'Recycle yourself' slogan was 'mint' (Manchester slang for cool) so mebbe I've got through to 1 person at least:D

TTFN
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast