recurrent CMV

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Ailsa

Post by Ailsa »

I've had 1 bout of CMV since my tx - last oct, a few weeks after the CMV tablets stopped - they think I had an infection lowering my already low immune system and therefore allowing the cmv to take hold.

My symptoms were my creatinine jumped up, i had a general feeling of unwell became rather tired and energyless and breathless. I also had quite a high temp while in hospital. The CMV affected my liver function so I had to have B12 injections for a couple of weeks.

I was told that if i had any headaches or sickness I was to inform them straight away - as CMV can lead to meningtitus, they also kept an eye on my lungs for pneumonia. I didnt have any of the pains your describing Keith - sorry if this hasnt helped!