I found the green ribbon magnets...

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Pam

I found the green ribbon magnets...

Post by Pam »

Or rather a friend of mine did...she is a member of the infamous Quarter Century Club :roll: and we were posting about the ribbon magnets. She posted a site where you can buy the magnets plus a LOT of other really cool shirts, caps, etc. to promote organ donation awareness!
The site is
www.transplantawareness.com
Thanks, Barb! :wink:
Love,
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
nycpetit

Post by nycpetit »

I am glad you found that. I ordered just about one of everything about four months ago. I figured everyone here already knew about this stuff. Donate Life, or Coalition on Donation has nice stuff too.

I would have told you guys had I known you were looking. :wink:
Nikki

Thanks Pam!

Post by Nikki »

:D Thanks Pam, great site, just in process of ordering some of their t.shirts, pity we don't have a uk site like this, if more people wore t.shirts like that it'd help promote it more.
Nikki. x
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Also gonna order some shirts from them.. should be tax free too :D

I may edit the shirts (with an iron on or fabric pen or something) to include UK web addresses, when I get them:)

V nice. thanks for the link. shame they don't have secure online ordering tho:( (Fax it will be methinks :) )
www.transplantawareness.com if you missed it the first time:)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Nikki

Is it safe?

Post by Nikki »

:D Hi J man! I too have oredered some shirts by e-mailing them and they've given me a price and asked for credit card details, I was thinking whether or not thats very safe-just to e-mail them back? I don't have a fax, what else can I do? xx :?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Nikki

I wouldn't recommend sending your credit card details by email as it isn't secure and theoretically anyone can intercept them and see it.

Is there a shop or something near you that has a faxing facility that you could use for a small price?

Mike
JMan

Re: Is it safe?

Post by JMan »

Nikki wrote::D Hi J man! I too have oredered some shirts by e-mailing them and they've given me a price and asked for credit card details, I was thinking whether or not thats very safe-just to e-mail them back? I don't have a fax, what else can I do? xx :?
As Mike said sending CC details by email isn't that safe..

The only way I've EVER done this, is to send them in 2 parts in 2 seperate emails, this way all the info is not contained in a single email. Its still not 'that' safe, if anyone could read their mail they'd easily put 2 emails together.

The safest way is to send a fax & make sure you get the number right.
If you have a PC you probably DO have fax capabilites, both later versions of Windows & Apple OS have fax capabilities built in. You will of course need a PC with a modem, & a phone line :D

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... ber21.mspx for Win XP
& http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/faxing/ for Mac X

Failing that, fill in the form, get the number and take it round to you local print/fax shop, or to a friend who DOES have a fax machine. :D

*EDIT* I've just faxed my details (following my EMAILED ORDER:) to them..

The code for the USA from UK Landline is 001

*EDIT*

J
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Live to Fly
Nikki

Sorted!

Post by Nikki »

:D Thanks J-man, you're such a helpful chap aren't you?! :wink:
Told company of worries and they also suggested e-mailing it all in two or three patrs which I've now done, they said they've been doing it that way for 9yrs and have never had any problems plus they save it onto hard disc and don't have in the comp prog.
Just have to hope its all ok!
xx
Hal

Post by Hal »

You can always call them also, for cheaper than calling the UK.

If you dial 0844 621 621, it costs 2p a minute to USA landlines and mobiles. You dial the that number, then the number you are calling remembering the 001 before it.

Hal :)
JMan

Post by JMan »

Yep used that number that Hal has given in the past... very handy :D

T's arrived this morning along with the bumper stickers & stickers that I ordered ..

No customs..:)

Cool 8)
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Live to Fly
Nikki

T.shirts

Post by Nikki »

Hi Jim, how long did your t.shirts take? Think I ordered mine a few days after you, just wanna rough idea when their gonna get here, they said 7-10 days, was that about right?
Nikki. x
JMan

Post by JMan »

Nikki date of order was:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004
so thru to today is about 7 or 8 working days (10 actual days)

Jim