After Transplant

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

pamom2

After Transplant

Post by pamom2 »

Hi Everyone! I don't know what I would do without all of you and this board. Just got my beautiful (as my doc. called it) kidney from my sister on Nov. 9th. Surgery went well,was producing nice clear volume and then all of the sudden my creatine level was up to 5, hardly peeing any at all, was told I have to have a biopsy, givin some dialysis, and after 3 strong doses of steroids that have put my blood sugars in the 500's, I'm home and my mind is a little more at ease to find out that I am not the only one this is happening too! I really thought it was going to be smooth sailing right from the start but i guess it's not always that way. When I was told I was rejecting, I thought that it was all over. I HATE for anyone to have to go thru this but I'm glad that I am not alone. Just seeing that others are like me is comforting. Thanks!!!!
Carolyn in CA

After Transplant

Post by Carolyn in CA »

Richard got his new - perfect match-kidney onHalloween. He was home one week and then is now back in the hospital for a week of IV antibiotics. They think possibly an infection in the incision staples. His Blood sugar has been in the 300's and his creatinine up to 2.3. They did an ultrasound and said maybe part was due to fluid retention??? We're still hoping, so we understand completely what you're going through!!!!

Keep the faith and keep in touch - sometimes everyone here is the glue that holds me together, so let us give you that same moral support!!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Carolyn
Elaine

hope u feelin better Richard & Carolyn

Post by Elaine »

Hiya just read u post :shock: awww hope Richard feelin better real soon.
Sounds like a tough time at mo :( lets hope on road to recovery as soon as possible. ;)

best wishes Elaine UK :D