Late pred withdrawl

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Anne in Va

Post by Anne in Va »

Hi Keith,

Prednisone was withdrawn in my case about a week post transplant. I know everyone's dosage of Tac varies according to their personal blood levels and the accepted trough levels of their particular unit. I take 1mg of Tac in the morning and .5mg in the evening which gives me a blood level of 4-5. I also take 750mg of Cellcept twice a day. My Tac dosage is pretty small compared to that of many others. I, regrettably am not a small lady and I have often wondered why my dosage is so small. You have raised an interesting question I hope someone can answer. Can Prednisone effect Tacrolimus levels and is that why I take such a small dose?

Anne