ferritin

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

rosa t

ferritin

Post by rosa t »

:? Hi

Been to clinic today - oops gfr 22 hb 10.3 (not bad) ferritin 29 - they're not impressed.

is 29 too low?

So it's 3 weeks of iron transfusions (is that the correct word?).

Anaemia nurse is leaving me until the last of the iron to see if I need to re-start EPO. My HB is borderline at present.

Anti -coag nurse is spluttering that my INR levels are taking too long to come down - .

Dr has different thoughts -no problem with my HB or ferritin and grf is on the slide so it's a 2 month review. INR 3.3 - that's fine.

Sometimes I do wonder! They all have their different opinions of how c****** I am - bless their white coats! :roll: :roll: :roll:

At least I dont feel as c*** at 22 gfr this time or maybe I've just got used to it! hahaha :D :D :D :D :D just very very tired.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it present