update to feeling rough

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

my_angel

update to feeling rough

Post by my_angel »

hi guys

i went to my appt on monday , saw a new doc who was concerned ,told me i had to stay in hosp , he thought i needed hemo urgently ,

he did blood tests and told me to come back later in the afternoon , i have just got home now ,

got the results from the bloods it turned out they had basically overdosed me with calcium , said the calcium in my system was off the scale ,
i thought i had blood shot eyes coz of tiredness (still not sleeping properly) but apparently it is a side effect of the calcium , and due to that it has made my kidneys worse than they were ,

so the treatment was basically put me on iv fluid , stop majority of my tablets because now my kidneys are worse it isnt good for them
and stop me having any calcium (any body tried this ), it is a joke the amount of things that have calcium in and even the hosp couldnt provide me with foods i could eat i was starvin glad to be home ,

the doc who prescribed my tabs in the first place was very sorry about it , my eyeballs are more pink than red now (anyone heard of this side effect )
i feel so much better , but obviously i am closer to dialysis now , i have told them i want the tube in soon as possible because i dont want to have to go on hemo at all , i think i deserve that much after they did this to me , i was just listening to my dictor ,
i have another appt on monday ,when hopefully the dietician will be off his hols and can give me some advice , as i lost a stone in a week and really need some decent food to eat

casz
casz