Does anyone know how Ruth is doing? (R30)

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

George

Post by George »

Hi Ruth, so glad to hear that you have started to go with a flow :wink:
Have I read right and your mother is 70, if so WOW! this must be some kind of record, i've never heard of a donnor being 70. Best wishes to both you and your mum.

As far as drink..don't get like this... Image
Angel

Re:Ruth

Post by Angel »

I had a phone call from my friends mother saying not to visit as the ward was shut. Apparently it is all getting to her a bit that the bug is so near. I also sadly am not suprised about the MRSA thing as someone in our dialysis unit had his wound actively treated and dressed without the knowledge of the patients.
I think the doctors care and attention are very good but its severley let down by the nursing care by the sounds of it.
And on the top of having a transplant and the anxiety that engenders you don't need to be worrying about catching other bugs on top.
My rant over now I want to say I am pleased everything is looking good for you Ruth and I hope you continue to inprove. :D
R30

Responses

Post by R30 »

Firstly, thanks for your posting George. Yes, my mother is 70, but a very fighting fit 70 and heals better than I do!
No I don't think I will get like that with drink again (thanks - that made me laugh lots).

Thanks to you too Angel. It's a sad state of affairs when you go into hospital and come out with something you didn't have when admitted. I'm sorry to hear that your friend's mother is having to put up with it. It was pretty crappy when I was in, and that was with no bug. I hope she picks up soon.

Ruth
Mike

Post by Mike »

I was supposed to have the choice of Bristol or Plymouth for my transplant but they just sent me to plymouth which I was a bikt annoyed about as my sister lices just down the road a bit and it is a lot closer than plymouth. By the sounds of it I am better off at plymouth? My only concern about Plymouth is that it had the worst success rate in the country but I think that the whole management was replaced and it is ok now?