Low blood pressure

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Nora

Low blood pressure

Post by Nora »

Any suggestions to raise blood pressure welcome. My husband has recently developed very low b/p and after 1 hr. on the machine he is disconnected. Have checked with nephrologist and cardiologist, and they have no answers. Normal b/p runs 85/60, but on the chair it goes down to 50's or less. We have a prescription for ALBUMIN 25% solution, but pharmacies do not dispense - only hospitals do. Thanks!
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Re: Low blood pressure

Post by JMan »

Tricky one.. the only thing I can suggest is that your husband take some gentle excercise on the days between if he's well enough...( I'm assuming you mean haemodialysis here.) Things such as tai-chi and swimming are both known in some cases to act as 'balancing' exercises, eg they allow the body to 'regulate' better thus high low BP and high BP normalise. There is quite a lot of evidence to show that exercise is beneficial to dialysis patients in any case.

DO check with doctors first though. Good luck.

JMan
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Rachel in NY

When is it happening?

Post by Rachel in NY »

Hi.. is his blood pressure dropping 1 hour after bing ON dialysis? Or are you saying its dropping in general? If its on hemodialysis, then do let me know.. and I will give you a couple of suggestions of tips that worked for me. I too used to "crash" after dialysis.

~Rachel