Travel Insurance for the USA

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Rob750

Travel Insurance for the USA

Post by Rob750 »

Hi all,

I'm travelling to the US in the new year, and was wondering if any one out there has recently used a pre-medical condition travel insurance company. I've had a renal transplant for 6 years, and no rejection episodes during that time.

Whilst I've found a few companies, there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice (or competition !).

Any help with names of companies, or website adresses would be much appreciated !

Thanks

Rob
Andy

Post by Andy »

hi, im looking 4 travel insurance for next year to new zealand
i tried www.allcleartravel.co.uk
as a web based compnay it even allowed me to out in about my transplant and my legs and gave me a quote of about £145 for 2 months

hope your trip works out for you.

Andy
We are the way we are, if we werent, I wouldnt be me and you wouldnt be you!

www.lltgl.org.uk
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Rob,

You can try: http://www.kidney.org.uk/holidays/insure.html
for a list of useful companies that may offer you insurance.

Personally, I have used Worldwide Travel Insurance (Tel: 01892 833 338) recently as a peritoneal dialysis patient and they were by far the cheapest (followed by a long way by Free Spirit, Tel: 0845 230 5000)

Good luck,

Hal.
Rob750

Post by Rob750 »

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, I've investigated Worldwide Travel and they seem very reasonable (£44 for two weeks - no excess)

Alas, nothing in life is simple, and my other half has genetic disease that Worldwide wouldn't quote for.

So, I'm halfway there.

Thanks for the replies

Rob
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Hi I've used Worldwide and Tesco's in the past..

Be sure to declare EVERYTHING to worldwide tho as their policies are pretty icky if there's anything they are not sure about.

J
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast