PD Belt

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

anne

PD Belt

Post by anne »

Hi everyone, now that the procedure is over I want to get Randy a belt to hold his tube in place. Julie, you sent me a website for the belt your husband uses, I thought I saved it but i can't find it. Can you send it to me again, or anyone else who uses one of these? Randy is SO HAIRY!! The tape is pure agony! It took a half hour to get the original bandage off the tube site. I can not understand why they did not shave him. That is another thing I mentioned to the nurse during the follow up call. Randy is feeling much better, not throwing up any more. He is up and moving around, still tender in the adominal area, I'm sure that is normal. He has a follow up appointment Wednesday, and also sees his kidney doctor the same day. The letter regarding the transplant list came, he has to get a TB test and the Hepatitis B shots. We have not gotten the results from the dobutamine stress echocardiogram, though the doctor should have them for him on Wednesday. Hopefully he will be on the list soon. Hope every one has a great day! It is rainy and cloudy today in Michigan, a good day to do some things indoors. Luv, anne
Julie

PD Belt

Post by Julie »

Hi Anne,

The PD belts I bought for David came from Patients Pride.
www.patientspride.com

They are based in San Francisco and when I rang they were really helpful. I bought 3 so that there's always one clean one in the drawer, one being worn and one in the wash!

David is very comfortable with it.

Glad to hear Randy has stopped being sick, and hope he's back on his feet properly real soon.

Lots of love,
Julie
x
RICHARD A DOUCETTE

Post by RICHARD A DOUCETTE »

Hi Anne, May I tell you what I have done,, Itook an old neckty add velcro
to it and that is what I use for my P.D. tube cost 1doller works well for me
good luck
Richard
Richard a Doucette
LW Adams

Re: PD Belt

Post by LW Adams »

Hey Anne, Ive been on PD for about 8 months now and I to am hairy, I tryed shaving, belts and going without, all with no happy end. My oldest daughter gave me one of her tube tops and said, dad try this, so I did and I have bought at least 8 tops sence then. I have some for cold days and two which are fish-net for hotter days. I work as a local truck driver and no body knows that I have even a PD tube in let a lone a tube top on. Also they are realy cheap. Well have fun and live well. LW
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

The belt looks a really good idea, its a shame it is not more widely known about.
Nathan from Northern Ireland
anne

pd belt

Post by anne »

hi, thanks for all the great ideas! you guys are quite creative! i like the tube top idea, we just might try that. randy is a big guy, but we should be able to find one with lots of stretch! last night we fought with the tape and bandages again. have been using "goo be gone" on all the tape residue. he goes tomorrow for a recheck, maybe he won't need the bandage any longer. for those of you who have the pd tube, how long before your "insides" quit hurting? i guess randy's still quite sore, but considering there is a tube stuck in there and he spent the first day and a half throwing up, i would think it will take awhile to heal. anyway, thanks again! anne
amanda in CA

PD support & how long to stop hurting

Post by amanda in CA »

Hi, I have tried both types of available belt and have not got on with either of them. I hate to admit it but I don't actually tape mine anymore, the irritation was driving me mad. I just tuck mine down my panties and that keeps it in place ok. It doesn't seem to get pulled. It took quite a long time for my insides to stop hurting, the initial pain wore off, but there was some discomfort for a good couple of months. amanda