PD Supplies

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

PD Supplies

Post by Mike »

Hi,

Just a quick question, I am due to receive my first delivery from Baxter on Monday and looking through the stock sheet they are sending 5 boxes of 1.36% and 20 boxes of 3.86 but none of 2.27%??

I'm a little confused as they mentioned possibly Quantum PD for me but I'm not familiar with this, is there anyone on here that can give me any info?

From my understanding 3.86 is to take off large amounts of fluid and is not good for the peritoneum? Also I still have roughly 12/13% function and haven't had any problems with fluid retention yet.

can anyone help?

mike
Elaine

p/d fluid

Post by Elaine »

Hiya Mike best thing Mike to e honest from experience is to get hosp to ring Baxters to make sure they have correct prescription as often its the case miscommunication etc about what regieme u are on depending on u weight ratio etc. Our hosp faxed wrong precription through it had been changed prior to discharge a few days before.

Stronger strength bags are 'usually' prescribed on a sliding scale when u havin probs taking off fluid/ and or weight is up from range etc. :shock:

When we first went home we had all wrong strength fluids delivered!!! :shock: So had to scrounge emergency supplies from hosp until emergency order could be delivered! Poor delivery bloke had to swop about 40 boxes p/d fluid - he certainley earned his wages that day!! :shock:

Good luck to u and hope that the matter can be resolved as soon as possible. U 'should' have a precription that u have to follow by yours Drs
we had to keep ringing the Drs to let them know when we had to use a heavy regieme to keep an eye on obs and weights etc.

best wishes Elaine UK ;)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Elaine,

thanks for that, unfortunately I only received the list from baxters friday morning and didn't notice it until it was too late to contact them. I think I best speak to my PD nurse monday morning and see what she says.

cheers

Mike
Elaine

Hiya p/d delivery

Post by Elaine »

Hi Mike yeh ac tually not u fault hosp n delivery company should between them sort out order initally etc. Sadly yet another case of mish-mash of communication!!!! :shock:

Hope u get it sorted asap ;) Good luck Elaine ;) :lol: