thank you all so much

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mike

thank you all so much

Post by Mike »

I just wanted to say thank you for the support you given me over the last few days. I feel like I've been a bit stupid, I didn't really fully appreciate before it quite what it involved and thought it would be a breeze but it wasn't.

It is much better today, still hurts but not as much. I went out for the first time today to the hospital and went shopping but it absolutely exhausted me. I had the dreessing changed for the first time which was a relief as it was getting itchy so feels much better and it looks like it is healing quite nicely. I met my PD nurse today and she is coming to my house next wed/thurs for training!! It's come around so quickly, I thought it would be a few weeks more and I am very nervous as I know how important it is to get things right and there is so much to learn.

Anyway thanks so much for all your advice and support

Mike :D
wing

Post by wing »

Hi Mike.
It's not stupid at all to anticipate no problems - sometimes it's the only way to get through things!
I'm glad you're feeling better.
You're right - there is a lot to learn about the next step with your renal nurse, but it doesn't half focus the mind when you remember it's all to do with your own health - you'll be your own expert in no time!
Good luck with the training.
You have to repeat the procedure so many times you'll be able to do it blindfold, standing on 1 leg while whistling "Rule Britannia"by the time she's finished with you!