Can some1 please help me ?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

DeanC01

Can some1 please help me ?

Post by DeanC01 »

Hi, :D

I'm new to this board, so hello to every1.

I had my transplant getting on for 3 years now without any problems at all. But, over the past week or so I've noticed that I started feeling a little lethargic (especially when sitting at PC for a while), and feeling slightly itchy.
I know this may sound a bit silly, but do you think I should be concerned about this?

Thanks. :)
Pam

Post by Pam »

Hi Dean,
If you are feeling a bit anxious about your symptoms, make sure and see your doctor. If you have started any new meds, that might be one of the problems, but see your doc to be sure that you are okay...you might have some undetected allergies to a medicine or your chemistries might have changed a bit.
How often do you see your neph? It might be wise to have a check-up.
Take care of yourself and let us know how you are getting along!
-Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
DeanC01

Post by DeanC01 »

Thanx for replying Pam.

Regarding the checkups, I get checked out currently every 3 months.
The last being August and everything was OK. I'm in clinic next on 2nd November.

I dont know if I've caught a bug or something, but over past week or so, I started to feel a bit itchy, and slight dizziness on and off.

BTW, my creatinine levels last ckeckup was 217, but its been stable around 200 for quite a while.

ThanX.
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Dean,

Can you not call your transplant unit and get a blood test earlier to check things out ? Seems like it might be worthwhile,

Hal.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Hi Dean,

My clinic visits are monthly for bloods and check-up by neph. In between those visits I have my PD nurse available 24/7 on land line, cell and pager. Do you not have a similar resource available to you? I would not wait for a quarterly visit.

Good luck. --Bruce
rubincain

Post by rubincain »

itchyness is very likely to mean high potassium. get to the doctor and get your blood tested asap
Hal

Post by Hal »

Personally I have always thought that itchyness is a symptom of high phosphate (and high potassium is often asymptomatic = you don't feel anything).

Hal.
wing

Post by wing »

I'm with Hal on the itchyness and high potassium theory.