Transplanted......

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

debbie

Transplanted......

Post by debbie »

I thought I'd post to say that I received a transplant on 21.9.04. I had finally started dialysing @ home and everything was going really well when they called me at 6.30 am to tell me they thought they had a match. After the initial waiting for cross match results the op went ahead that evening. After 8 yrs waiting I now have a functioning kidney transplant. My figures all cleared within 12 hrs and I am finding it hard to keep up with the fluids and free diet. The unit have since transplanted another 2 from my dialysis unit alone so anyone waiting on the list don't give up hope....
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Wow superb news:)
Enjoy the honeymoon:lol:

J:D
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Hal

Post by Hal »

Wow Debbie - brilliant news!

Take Care,

Hal.
Elaine

hiya Debbie ;)

Post by Elaine »

Wonderful news 4 u Debbie fingers croosed all goes well :lol: :wink:

best wishes 2 u Elaine UK :roll: :wink: :lol: :P
SteveUK

WOW!

Post by SteveUK »

Hi Debbie.

Just logged on, just about to go out, and saw this - what a surprise. I guess you didn't get much notice of this, I may be wrong, but let's get to the point....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A second chance is always sacred, but for now, get some rest, take the pills and relax!!!

This is such good news - fantastic!!!

Take care,

Stevie
~I close my eyes, and This Is Yesterday~
My Band myspace!
Pam

Post by Pam »

Congratulations Debbie! :D :D :D :D
Take care of yourself and get a lot of rest...soon, you'll be so full of energy they won't be able to stop you! :wink: I am so happy for you...what great news!
Love and prayers,
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Rik

Post by Rik »

WOW!!!!! more fantastic news :0)
cogratulations on your transplant Debbie ... hope you take it easy for now ... :0)

your message brightened my monday morning blues like you wouldnt believe!!!!!! :0)

do keep in touch and let us all know how you are getting on ...
all the best
debbie

still doing well!!!

Post by debbie »

Hi, thanks for all your good wishes.... it's amazing how a few kind words from some "cyber friends!" can make all the difference. I've been to tx clinic today and my creatinine is down to 109 :D I have a stent in situ which I've been told has to come out soon, have persuaded surgeon that he'd much rather I was asleep!!! should be done within next 2-3 weeks. They have told me I can drive if I feel upto it... got an automatic and all surgery was on left so will try and drive with hubby next to me and see how I go. Got slightly low CO2 so on sodium bicarb for that for next few days. Still not really got my head around it all but early days yet.
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Sounds like your doing REALLY good.. just remember take those tabs on time, drink loads, avoid fresh grapefruit:D
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
nycpetit

Debbie

Post by nycpetit »

Awesome news!! Congratulations!! :wink:
Julie

Congratulations Debbie

Post by Julie »

I read this a few days ago and was convinced I'd posted my congratulations then! I must be going mad!!!

Anyway - Debbie - this is wonderful news. I am absolutely thrilled for you. :D

You make sure you don't overdo it and as everyone says, keep taking the tablets. :wink:

Take care and come and visit us in the chatroom again soon won't you?

Lots of love,
Julie
x