first apptointment

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

dexter2415

first apptointment

Post by dexter2415 »

hi everybody,
hope everybody fine, had my first renal appt today, with the pre-dialysis educater. found out all about fistula and how dialysis will work ect
its all left me a bit nervse, but now i know what to exspect it dosn't seem so scary? not so full of dread.

all the dexter2415
ALL THE BEST ( TAKE CARE )
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Dexter,

Glad you got some information yesterday. Everyone is nervous pre-dialysis (anyone who isn't is a liar!!!), but as you say when you know what to expect its not so bad.

Good luck with it all,

Hal.
Pam

Post by Pam »

Dear Dexter,
I know this is a very frightening time in your life. All these new (and not very nice) things you have to endure! :cry: :x It will seem scary at first until you have learned a little more about your disease and how to take care of yourself with your illness.
Almost everyone on this board can relate to what you are going through and we are more than willing to help in any way we can. I know that that doesn't take away your fear, but I hope it gives you some comfort in knowing that there are those who have gone before you and have "made it".
Best wishes and prayers,
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Hi dexter. Glad your appt went OK.. Nice to see you in chat the other night:)

Yep fear of the unknow is alleviated somewhat once you start to get answers to your questions:D
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast