Howdy everbody!!!!....Hugs all around

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Ronnie Magnolia Springs

Howdy everbody!!!!....Hugs all around

Post by Ronnie Magnolia Springs »

Howdy ya'll..!!!

I received an e-mail from Cheryl yesterday. How in the world does she keep track of dates like she does? Thanks to all of you who responded to her anniversary message. I miss you all being part of my daily life.

I was laying in bed yesterday morning just thinking how wonderful life has been since the transplant one year ago. I did not ever think that anyone would remember it but me.

LeeAnn and the kids are doing just fine. I do not know if you folks in the UK get the news about our hurricanes over here..but we had a good one here just a couple weeks ago. We live in the Southernmost part of Alabama almost on the border of NorthWest Florida. Hurricane Ivan hit us here on the night of September 16th. It was supposed to hit Mobile but turned east right at the last minute. The eye of the hurricane passed right over our neighborhood in Magnolia Springs. The worst part of the storm was in Pensacola just 30 miles down the road. Our home flooded with several feet of water and we lost just about everything that we had not put in the attic before we evacuated. We stayed in Mobile with LeeAnn's mother during the storm. I guess we were actually lucky that the storm turned at the last minute towards Pensacola. Pensacola is still without electricity even now. Almost all homes there suffered major damage and over 30,000 homes will have to be totally rebuilt. We have good insurance to cover everything we lost so we consider ourselves amongst the lucky ones. Once all is over we will have a like new home with all new furniture.

With all that going on...I still can't quit smiling. I am healthy and if you feel healthy how could you be worried about anything else? We will go over to our house to drag out more wet furniture tomorrow. The contractors have already started with the exterior and a new roof is already on. We will be out of the house for about four to six months. Mother-in-Law had no idea that our one night stay during the storm would turn into a several month long marathon. Thank God for family.

That is the latest news on Ronnie, LeeAnn and the kids...Oh yeah...Jamie is doing well. Him and his wife Pam had a beautiful little girl named Madisyn. She is now about three months old.

I'll be sticking my head in the door more regularly. I keep forgetting my dang password. I tried to get in for about an hour last night. Is there any point to having passwords on this forum? I don't think we are sharing any serious international secrets here. I used to frequent another metal detecting forum that went to this same setup. It has killed that site. Everyone just said it was too complicated to deal with...and I agree. I like to be able to see the conversation before I jump in. Sometimes the initial subject totally changes during the conversation. Being able to see that change makes you more interested in following the conversation. Just my two cents. I am afraid I will forget my PASSWORD again and may never be able to get that off my chest. Again....Big Big Big hugs all around.

Ya'll take care...
Ronnie[quote][/quote]
Pam

Post by Pam »

Hey Ronnie!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! :D :D :D :D I'm so glad you're feeling so well...keep it up and you'll be a "geezer" like me! :wink: :roll: The Quarter Century Club could use you! (only 24 more years to go!-I know you can do it!)
I am so sorry to hear of your loss during Hurricane Ivan. I have relatives in South Carolina-not close enough for any real danger, but I still worry about them all the same.
Congratulations on your new grandbaby!! :D I bet you will spoil her, won't you? :wink: That's okay-that is what grandparents, aunts and uncles are for...I have four nieces and I try to do that at every opportunity.
About your password....you can check the box that says "log me in automatically" and all you have to do is type your password and then log in. I have trouble remembering all the various passwords I have but I just give the excuse of age and medications! :roll: :wink: :lol: It works every time!
Take care and keep that kidney "chuggin' along"!
Sending you ((((hugs)))) back,
Pam
32 yr cadaver transplant recipient, now on peritoneal dialysis with the help of Audrey, my Homechoice machine... as of 4/3/09
Romans 8:28
Sueleic

Post by Sueleic »

Ronnie
I read your post you were right I’d forgot because it just doesn’t seem like a whole year has passed!!!
I would get up in the mornings this time last year straight on the computer for the next installment of ‘Ronnie’s Posts’
Happy Anniversary Ronnie
Sue
In the UK
:D :D :D
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

Ronnie Magnolia Springs wrote: "-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is there any point to having passwords on this forum? "

Passwords? What Passwords? I have never used, or been asked for, a password on this forum.

And congratulations on our first transplantiversery. Wish I could have one.
oldborris

Post by oldborris »

Sorry, Ronnie: that should read "your transplantiversary", not ours! As you may have gathered I don't have one.
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hi Ronnie,

Congratulations again.

Just to let you know the passwords are in place to try and reduce spam on the board, which of course ruined the last one.

Good luck with getting the house sorted soon,

Hal.
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

Congrats Ronnie and nice to hear your update:D
:D:D
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Anne in Va

Post by Anne in Va »

Happy Anniversary Ronnie! I devoured all your posts last year as my transplant was supposed to happen just after yours - was delayed until December. Your posts were a great help - Thank You!

Glad to know you are doing so well. Life is great!

Anne